Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Sidewalk Fun

It has been so nice out this week that I wanted to get my kids out of the house so we decided to make some homemade sidewalk chalk and beautify our condo complex.  This is such an easy inexpensive recipe and it is lots of fun.

Ingredients needed:














  • 4 cups of water
  • 2 cups of corn starch
  • Food coloring
  • Plastic bowls
  • Paint brushes or fingers for painting : )
With my recipe
  1. I filled up a plastic bowl with about 3-4 cups of water 
  2. I then mixed in about 1 1/2 cups of corn starch (it should have a thicker consistency but all the corn starch should be mixed in, you don't want any clumps)
  3. Then I poured the mixture into 4 small plastic bowls
  4. Add 2-4 drops of food coloring to each bowl
  5. Take outside and have lots of fun
The kids painted for about an hour and and then starting coving their hands and feet and the dogs with the paint.  When we wee done I sprayed everyone and everything off with a hose and we are all sparkly clean.  Easy, fun and quick clean up what else could you ask for?














I am working on a few new things that I will have up as soon as I am finished.  Oh and sorry about the crapy pics, my camera is being repaired so I am having to use the built in camera on my laptop for all my pics : (

~Rachelle

No comments:

Post a Comment