Saturday, May 30, 2009

Ahhh...

So, it is 9:45 am and I am just making it back from the local swap meet. What an adventure! Let me give you a little background on why I was there. My awesome husband made it back from Iraq in December and decided to get out of the Army so we made the move from North Carolina to Arizona about a month ago. We moved from a 4 bedroom house with a double garage to an 800 sq ft apartment with a carport. It is amazing how much junk we had accumulated. Having the house with all the extra room we slowly filled the space with junk.

Once we made it to Arizona and into a small apartment (long story how that happened) we figured we would make the best of the situation, save money, get rid of junk and de-clutter our lives. We started going through every room and every closet and if we didn't need it or didn't use it then we put it in a box to get rid of. I found that there was a local swap meet that charged $5.00 for a spot so we decided that would be a good way to make some extra money off our junk. We had to be there at 4am to set up and they opened the gate at 6am. It was crazy! The people were like vultures tearing through everything and talking me down on the price. I didn't real care about any of this stuff so I was happy to see it go even if I only got a few bucks for it. Just about everything sold and we were out of there by 8:30am.

The best part of the whole swap meet was the lady across the way form us. She had a good size set up with all this stuff that was new still in the packages. She had tons of glade plug ins and Johnson baby lotion and reach dental floss and post it sticky notes. You name it, she had it! So I asked her if she did this often and she said, no that this was her first time. I was like wow, how did you get all of this stuff? Come to find out it was all stuff she had bought and her husband is mad that the garage is full of it all and he said that she needs to sell it. She said she loves coupons and that she can't pass up a sale so if it is on sale she will by 50! It was crazy a bin of 200 packages of post it notes because it was a good deal. Now, here is the kicker, she was selling this stuff dirt cheap. I bought baby wipes, floss, glade plug ins, and Windex from her. Retail I had at least $30.00 worth of stuff and I got it all for $8.00. It was all stuff I needed to buy this week at target so I saved a ton. I do give her kudos for selling the stuff to try and get some of her money back, but that sucks. Anyways it was awesome for me! We have made it home and being that this is dusty Arizona the kids were tired, hungry and dirty! We all took baths and ate breakfast and now we are doing movie/nap time!

Ohhh and Mrs. Andrea, I am pleased to announce that I found my camera in all those boxes. The movers misplaced it so I have been without it for a month and it has killed me. So I will have lots of pics and maybe a tutorial or two up in no time. I am off to take a nap so enjoy your Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment